Earll M. Murman Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising
Presented to a faculty member who has served as an excellent advisor and mentor for undergraduates and who has had a significant impact on their personal lives and academic success. The Report of the Task Force on the Undergraduate Educational Commons (October 2006) highlighted the importance of quality advising and mentoring of students and the potential impact these relationships have on student success.
If you have any questions about the Earll M. Murman Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising please contact us via email.
Past Award Recipients
- Professor Ju-Lee Kim, Department of Mathematics
- Professor Anna Frebel, Department of Physics
- Professor Gigliola Staffilani, Department of Mathematics
- Professor Elsa A. Olivetti, Department of Materials Science & Engineering
- Professor Michael Short ’05, PhD’10
- Professor John G. Brisson, Mechanical Engineering
- Professor Frans Kaashoek
- Professor Heidi Nepf, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Professor Maria C. Yang, Department of Mechanical Engineering; Engineering Systems Division