Arthur C. Smith Award
The Arthur C. Smith Award was established in 1996 on the occasion of Dean Smith’s retirement from the position of Dean for Undergraduate Education and Student Affairs. The award honors his service and is presented to a member of the MIT faculty for meaningful contributions and devotion to undergraduate student life and learning at MIT.
If you have any questions about the Arthur C. Smith Award please contact us via email.
Past Award Recipients
- Amy Glasmeier, Urban Studies and Planning
- Professor Raul Radovitzky, Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Professor John Essigmann, Biological Engineering
- Professor Emily Richmond Pollock, Music and Theater Arts
- Professor Will Broadhead, History
- Professor Daniel Jackson, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Professor Shankar Raman ‘86, Literature
- Professor Rebecca Saxe, Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- Professor Anne E.C. McCants, History
- Professor Samuel Allen, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Professor John Winston Belcher, Department of Physics
- Professor J. Kim Vandiver, Department of Mechanical Engineering