The James N. Murphy Award was established in 1967 in memory of James N. Murphy for his immeasurable contribution to community life at the Institute. It is given to a non-faculty employee whose spirit and loyalty exemplify this kind of inspired and dedicated service, especially with regard to students. Sustained contribution is a criterion for the award, but longevity, in itself, is not.
If you have any questions about the James N. Murphy Award please contact via email.
- Kevin McLellan, MIT Program in Art, Culture, and Technology
- Brian Callahan, Athletic Facilities & Operations
- Kyle Keane, Department of Material Science and Engineering
- Heather Barry, Nuclear Science and Engineering Department
- Ken Stone ’72, MIT Hobby Shop
- Dr. Robert M. Randolph, Chaplain to the Institute
- Nancy Savioli, Department of Physics
- Donna Friedman, UAAP
- Michael Grenier, Residential Life & Dining
- June Milligan, CopyTech
- Robert Ferrara '67, Senior Director, Office of the Dean for Student Life