James N. Murphy Award
The James N. Murphy Award was established in 1967 in memory of James N. Murphy for his immeasurable contribution to community life at the Institute. It is given to a non-faculty employee whose spirit and loyalty exemplify this kind of inspired and dedicated service, especially with regard to students. Sustained contribution is a criterion for the award, but longevity, in itself, is not.
If you have any questions about the James N. Murphy Award please contact us via email.
Past Award Recipients
- Kevin McLellan, MIT Program in Art, Culture, and Technology
- Brian Callahan, Athletic Facilities & Operations
- Kyle Keane, DSME
- Heather Barry, Nuclear Science and Engineering
- Ken Stone ’72, MIT Hobby Shop
- Dr. Robert M. Randolph, Chaplain to the Institute
- Nancy Savioli, Physics
- Donna Friedman, UAAP
- Michael Grenier, Residential Life & Dining
- June Milligan, CopyTech
- Robert Ferrara '67, Senior Director, DSL